Sunday, July 27, 2008

Original Art is Not Cheap




I treat my works with respect, in fact I treat them like a part of myself. Creating art for me is probably comparable to the hardships of a mother giving birth to her precious child. I feel drained emotionally, physically and mentally whenever I finish an artwork. But the fruits of labor become priceless.

This is what makes an artwork very special, at least for me.

Like every artist's creative piece, my art is one-of-a-kind, original, and can't be found on the streets of Divisoria. You cannot buy an artist's reputation and name, which was earned through much hard work, at any SM department stores.

Art is expensive not only because of the expensive medium (the more expensive the material, the more it lasts longer through time) but also because it is special, mostly a product of human endeavor of which not everyone can imitate, achieve nor can be done all over again.

So I hope whenever you ask an artist for cheap art, please do think again, and think of it like you are buying their very soul.

No comments: